DO NOT contact District Officials including Board Members, Superintendent or Staff
Respondents are not to contact District officials including Board members, the Superintendent or any other employee or representative of the District, other than those persons listed below. Contacting District officials, employees and/or representatives, other than those persons listed below, may result in the disqualification of the Respondent.
1. The District will begin accepting Proposals upon date of issuance of this RFP, and will continue to accept Proposals the Due Date set forth above. It is anticipated that the District’s Board will meet for the purpose of considering all Proposals submitted for the acquisition of the Property and that subsequent District Board meetings will include such considerations.
2. Respondents must submit one (1) signed and unbound original Proposal along with five (5) copies and one (1) electronic copy of the Proposal on a thumb drive. Respondents submitting fewer than the required number of copies of the Proposal may be considered non-responsive.
3. All Proposals should be verified before submission. Adjustments may not be permitted after submission to the District. The District reserves the right to reject any and all Proposals, or to waive any irregularities or information in the Proposals.
4. As set forth herein, the District plans to use the proceeds to acquire the new Main Office. Thus, Respondents may be required to work with the District to coordinate the acquisition, including adding provisions to the final agreement establishing this transaction as an exchange, by which the parties complete this transaction when the District completes the new Main Office acquisition.
5. Proposals may be mailed or delivered to the address listed at the end of this RFP. All Proposals shall be sealed and clearly marked: “South Pasadena USD District Office Proposal.” Respondents shall be solely responsible for ensuring its Proposal arrives to the District by the deadline set forth above. The District shall not be responsible for any issues with mail delivery or circulation.
6. Telephone or electronic submittals will not be accepted.
7. Any costs incurred by the Respondents in the preparation of any information or material submitted in response to this RFP shall be the sole responsibility of the Respondent.
8. The District reserves the right to reject any and/or all Proposals, or to refuse to negotiate or withhold the award of any contract, for any reason. As noted above, the District will not enter into any agreement pursuant to this RFP unless and until it receives a waiver from the State Board of Education. Thus, the District may reject all proposals, and terminate the RFP process at any time, in the event the waiver application is delayed or denied.
9. The District may also waive or decline to waive irregularities in any Proposal.
10. The District may begin negotiations with selected Respondents at the District’s discretion. If negotiations are successful, the District’s Board may invite one or more Respondents to present its/their Proposal(s) to the Board.
11. Upon selection of a Respondent, the District shall provide an agreement, for negotiation by the Parties.
12. All Proposals submitted in response to the RFP become the property of the District and a public record and as such, might be subject to public view.
13. As noted below, the District is represented by Sam S. Manoukian, CCIM from DPI-Diversified Property Investments and will be responsible for the payment of the associated Brokers Commission. If Buyer is represented by a Broker, Buyer will be responsible for the payment of its own Brokers commission. Seller will pay for the ALTA policy, transfer tax, and Half of any escrow fee.
All inquiries or questions for additional information should be directed in writing to:
Sam S. Manoukian, CCIM - DPI-Diversified Property Investments CEO, at
SamM@Diversifiedpropertyinvestments.com or 450 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 600, Glendale, CA 91203.
TEL: 818-334-3451 FAX: 818-450-0712
Replies will be issued by written notice and posted on the District’s website www.spusdrfp.com . Questions received less than five (5) days prior to the RFP due date will not be answered. Only questions answered by formal written notice will be binding.
Please note, the District will allow for site visits of the Property to interested parties upon appointment only. Interested parties should contact Sam Manoukian at the contact information noted immediately above. Under no circumstances shall any interested party conduct any structural inspection or testing on the Property or take any action that will disturb the physical state of the Property during such site visits. Nothing in this RFP shall be construed as guaranteeing any party the right to a site visit or requiring the District to provide site visits to any party. Any party who is unable to participate in a site visit for any reason shall not be granted any special consideration.
RFP Due by: June 25, 2020, at 4 p.m., by the clock in the District’s Business Services office, one (1) signed and unbound original Proposal along with five (5) copies and one (1) electronic copy of the Proposal on a thumb drive shall be submitted to:
Dr. Geoff Yantz, Superintendent
South Pasadena Unified School District 1020 El Centro St.
South Pasadena, CA 91030 (626) 441-5810 x1100